Welcome to our BLOG! I actually started this when Cameron turned one month, but didn't get a chance to update any of the info! Apologies for typos, bad grammar, etc, as I'll try and update quickly when he's snoozing.
Cameron will be 2 months next week, on the 24th. He has grown so much already! His little personality is definately coming out. It was so fun to get smiles from him at one month, and now we get more and more silly faces and reactions to various stimuli. He loves peek-a-boo!
It took about 6 weeks to FINALLY g
et Cameron's "belly" figured out. Gigi was in town, and we finally got to see a good pediatrician who diagnosed Cameron with GERD (acid reflux), and confirmed our suspicion that he had colic (yippee). He is doing SO MUCH better - sleeping better, feeling better, and eating better now that he is taking baby Zantac and has started Enfamil Nutramigen formula aka "liquid gold." The crazy colic-screaming and gas pains have reduced signifcantly so far -- Clint and I actually have been able to sit down and eat together!
GiGi came to visit while Clint was at 29 Palms for a couple weeks. She was an ANGEL! I loved all of the generous help and encouragement - as well as our runs to Starbucks! Cameron misses snuggling with her, and Elke misses having someone else to love on (I found Elke sleeping next to GiGi's bed numerous times) Nelson also came to visit over the weekend that Clint came home! We think he put a magic spell on Cameron: Cameron slept until 8:00 a.m. the days Nelson was here. He had never done that before, and he has not done so since! Clint and I also had our first date-night while they babysat!
Although Cameron is still really young, we're trying to establish "patterns" that will hopefully turn into a routine schedule. We're trying the "bathtime, then bottle, then bed" routine, as well as putting him down a couple hours earlier than usual in the evening. I'm trying to pay close attention to his cues during the day to figure out when he wants to snooze. (Before the liquid gold and Zantac, he just screamed alot and rarely slept, no matter what!)
Cameron likes to move around alot - his favorite place is on the changing table. I think he's a typical boy, and it's where he can move around a bunch and kick his feet while being partially naked :-) He likes to hang out in his swing, in the bouncer, in his pack n' play (with the mobil going) or on the floor, and usually wants to move to a new location after about 20 minutes. He loves to snuggle in the morning :-). He isn't so sure about baths - he just stares, looking a little confused... not unhappy though. However, he LOVES being wrapped up in towels just after the bath (again, the naked thing).
Elke is doing well - we think! She likes to lick Cameron - which now makes him laugh! She's still big and like a "bull in a china shop," so we have to keep her calm when Cameron is having floor time. I think she misses having the run of the house. We try and give her extra loving whenever we can!
Here's one of Cameron's videos from a couple weeks ago - enjoy!
Oh my gosh...what a personality he's developing!! I miss you guys so much. I actually miss walking the floor with him, and getting up to feed him in the middle of the night. I also miss Starbucks and Target with Mom and of course watching Dad watch football. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you during the holidays.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable, we are counting down the days to December to see Cameron and you guys. Brings back memories of when Clint was that age. Have a great Thanksgiving and keep posting pixs.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed the visit with all. Cameron and I got a couple of days 2 bond. I gave him a couple of tips on the Texas 2 step as we waltzed across Virginia.
ReplyDeleteHe's quite a good looking boy... spit'n image of dad. He's also quite the lady's man, all he had to do is whine and he found himself in the arms of the ladies!
Looking forward to seeing all during the holidays.
Give Elka a bone ....uh pumpkin for me.
Aunt Nel
Wow, I can't believe how big he already is. And he seems to be a very happy baby! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Miss you guys and hope to see you soon.
ReplyDelete